Ingredients for Low Carb Garlic Chicken
- ½ lb chicken drumsticks
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1¼ – 2½ garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ lemon, the juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
Instructions for making Low Carb Garlic Chicken
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add cumin seeds, bay leaves and cloves and cook for a minute or until fragrant. Add sliced onion and a pinch of salt and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is golden.
- Add the ground spices and mix in. cook for half a minute. Add chickpeas, ¼ tsp salt, garlic powder, veggies and mix in. Partially cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the veggies are al dente.
- Add in peas and yogurt and mix in. Cook for a minute.
- Add the riced cauliflower, ½ tsp salt, lime juice and toss well combine.
- Cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Uncover, add half of the toasted nuts and currants and gently fluff the cauliflower. Taste and adjust salt and spice.
- Remove the bay leaf. Garnish with the remaining toasted nuts, cilantro and/or mint, lime and serve with raita.
If your a biryani lover then you must try Chickpea Cauliflower Rice Biryani. Check out why people recommend the HD program.