Ingredients for ghiya sabji
- Bottle gourd
- Oil( for tadka)
- Half tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- Salt ( according to your taste)
- Red chilli ( 1 tbsp)
- Turmeric ( 1 tbsp)
- Garam Masala ( 1 tbsp)
- Coriander ( For Garnishing)
Instructions for making ghiya sabji
- Wash and rinse bottle gourd. Peel the outer skin cut into small pieces and keep aside.
- In a kadhai heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- Fry them and add finely chopped onion.
- Stir occasionally and cook till they turn light brown.
- Add tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes turn soft.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Add 1 tbsp water so that spices mix well with onion tomato masala.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped lauki to kadhai.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Cook on low flame till lauki becomes soft and it starts leaving oil.
- Transfer in serving bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle garam masala. Serve hot.
Also read how to make Cauliflower Sabji.