Ingredients for gatta curry
- 100-gram besan
- Red Chilli ( 1 tbsp)
- Salt ( as per taste)
- Cumin seeds ( 1 tbsp)
- Ginger garlic paste ( 1 tbsp)
- Oil ( For tadka)
- Kasoori methi
- Spinach leaves ( for flavour)
Instructions for making gatta curry
For Making Gatta
- Take a large mixing bowl.
- Add besan, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste, oil, Kasuri methi and knead into a stiff dough. Also add baking soda, if you want
- Use 2 tbsp of water if needed.
- Divide the dough into 4-6 equal portions and shape each portion into 10 inches long thin cylindrical roll.
- Boil enough water in a pan. Add rolls to the boiling water and boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Take out the rolls from the water and keep the water aside for the curry base.
- Cut each cylinder into 10-12 pieces, and keep aside.
- Gattas is ready.
For Making Tadka
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add asafetida and cumin seeds to it.
- When it begins to crackle add the onion, ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute the onion paste till light brown in colour.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala along with the boiled water we kept aside earlier.
- Add Spinach leaf
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir well and stir continuously till it comes to a boil.
- Once you see the oil coming up to the surface add the cut Gatta pieces, salt, green chilli and fenugreek leaves.
- Now Let the curry cook on medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes for the flavours to concentrate.
- Stir occasionally.
- Transfer the curry to a serving dish and garnish with chopped green chillies.
Serve hot with salad. Check out Paneer Masala.