Ingredients for dry channa
- Oil ( for tadka)
- Sliced onion ( 1 medium sized)
- Ginger Garlic paste ( 1.5 tbsp)
- Green Chillis ( As per taste)
- Coriander leaves
- Salt ( According to taste)
- Turmeric( 1 tbsp)
- Red chilli powder ( 1 tbsp)
- Garam masala( 1tbsp)
Instructions for making dry channa
- Heat oil in a pan, add the sliced onions.
- Saute the onions until they become translucent.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons of ginger-garlic paste and a pinch of asofoetida/hing.
- Also add 1 to 2 slit green chilies.
- Saute on low flame for a minute, till the raw smell from the ginger – garlic paste disappears. even the onions color would change to pale brown.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle 1.5 teaspoons of black pepper powder and black salt as required. stir well.
- Now add the boiled chole. stir well.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lime juice and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and simmer chana curry for 2 to 3 mins on low heat. remove the lid and switch off the gas.
- Garnish the chole with 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves and 8 to 10 mint leaves.
- Serve dry chole with hot cauliflower rice or besan chilla.
Also check how to make chicken marination.