Ingredients for besan chilla
- 1 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1/4 cup onions very finely chopped
- 1 small tomato very finely chopped
- 1/8th cup green capsicum finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
Instructions for making besan chilla
- In a mixing bowl add the gram flour, turmeric powder, black pepper and salt.
- Mix all these dry ingredients and then add water. Consistency should be pouring without any lumps.
- Add onion, tomato, capsicum, green chillies and coriander leaves and prepare thick batter
- Turn the heat to low on non-stick pan that helps in spreading the batter.
- Pour and spread the batter and then raise the heat to medium, cover and cook.
- Flip and let the other side cook too. Once done, remove it on to a plate.