Specialists suggest that a nutritious diet should include a regular portion of antioxidants, calcium, Vitamin D, protein, iron, fiber, and many other necessary nutrients.
This would need you to eat fish, lentils, fruits, dry fruits, green leafy vegetables, nuts, dairy, and poultry items – all split into small meals spread throughout the day.
Vegetarians can replace non-vegetarian sources of nutrients with meals like tofu, cottage cheese, soy, mushrooms, etc. Apart from these, the following tips should also be kept in mind.
Here is the list of Indian weight loss recipes
Low-fat French Onion Soup
Savor the traditional French onion soup cooked the healthy way. The chef keeps the quintessential flavors alive while giving the entire preparation a healthy makeover.
Key Ingredients: A little olive oil or canola spray, white wine, A sprig or two of fresh or dry thyme, onions, butter, chicken stock, salt and pepper, garlic paste.
How to Make Low-fat French Onion Soup
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add olive oil and butter.
- When hot, add garlic and onions.
- Now continue to cook these onions and garlic on a slow flame.they should be caramelizing.
- Now add wine.
- Add the stock and let boil.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Insert wholewheat bread in toaster and toast.now add cheese and melt till lightly brown in the oven.
- Pour soup to a soup bowl with onions. Top with toast and serve.
Are you bored of eating poha, brown rice, or quinoa? Make way for jowar! Tossed with vegetables and rice bran oil, this is your recipe for health.
Key Ingredients: Ginger, baby corn (diced), zucchini, red pepper
, rice bran oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilies (de-seeded), yellow pepper, pepper, salt, and jowar grains (sorghum).
How to Make Jowar Medley
- Soak the jowar grains overnight and cook it in the same water for 10 to 15 minutes. You can also Boil it with two to three garlic cloves covered in a muslin cloth to soak some flavor.
- Cook the rice bran oil in a pan. Add some mustard seeds, few curry leaves, 2 to 3 green chilies, and 1-inch ginger.
- When the seeds pop up, add baby corn; then, add the zucchini. Stir fry the veggies.
- Add the red peppers and yellow peppers—Agen Stir fry.
- Add the salt, pepper & cooked jowar. Stir well.
- Decorate with coriander leaves.
We present to you the famous idli with a healthier revolution – these are made of oats. Easy and fast to make, this Low-Calorie Oats Idli recipe is perfect for a great breakfast or brunch at home. Ideal for those who are calorie-conscious.
Key Ingredients: oats, urad dal, channa dal, oil, green chilies, carrots, coriander, curd (slightly sour), mustard seeds, turmeric powder, salt, fruit salt.
How to Make Low-Calorie Oats Idli
- On a pan, dry roast the oats till it turns light brown and then powder the oats in a blender.
- In a pan, add oil, urad dal, channel dal, mustard seeds, and mustard to pop up and the dals to become golden.
- To this, add the cut chilies, grated carrots, and coriander.
- Add the turmeric and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add this seasoning to the powdered oats mix and add the curd to it to make a paste-like that of idli batter’s texture.
- You can add as much curd you need to get the consistency, but don’t add water.
- Grease the idli plates with butter or oil and add the batter into every area of the steamer.
- Steam the idlis for 15 minutes.
- Now extract the idlis and serve with chutney.
Also read Best exercises for weight loss.